Apex Legends developer, Respawn Entertainment, is making major changes to the game with the launch of Season 16: Revelry on February 14. The developer has revealed plans to sort the legends into new character classes, which will go into effect with the new season. This change is referred to as the “Remastered Legend Classes” and promises to shake up the meta like never before.
What Are The Remastered Legend Classes?
The new system rearranges the legends into one of five character classes: Assault, Controller, Recon, Skirmisher, and Support. Each class has its own unique perk that only applies to the legends in that class. The legends within each new class, and the Class Perk that applies to them are listed below.
- Area of expertise: Combat initiation & utility
- Legends: Ash, Bangalore, Fuse, Mad Maggie, and Revenant
- Class Perk: Assault legends have a special Class Perk that allows them to hold more ammo per inventory slot. They can also upgrade loot via a Smart Loot system located in hidden compartments within new Weapon Supply Bins.
- Area of expertise: Area setup & control
- Legends: Catalyst, Caustic, Rampart, and Wattson
- Class Perk: Controllers can scan a new type of beacon called a Ring Console to get information on the size and location of the next ring.
- Area of expertise: Enemy intel & tracking
- Legends: Bloodhound, Crypto, Seer, and Vantage
- Class Perk: Recon legends can use Survey Beacons to see enemy placement around them for about 30 seconds. The use of the beacon will notify nearby enemies, so there is some risk involved.
- Area of expertise: Combat mobility & escape
- Legends: Horizon, Mirage, Pathfinder, Octane, Wraith, and Valkyrie
- Class Perk: Skirmishers can see the highest-value item inside a Supply Drop at a distance before it even hits the ground. This ability allows Skirmishers to make calls on looting powerful weapons commonly found in Supply Drops.
- Area of expertise: Team survival & supply
- Legends: Gibraltar, Lifeline, Loba, and Newcastle
- Class Perk: Support legends can open the hidden compartment located in blue Supply Bins, which contains only “big” healing items and survival items. They can also use Replicators to craft Banner Cards for downed or dead allies, even those whose respawn timer has already expired.
Individual Legend Changes
In addition to the Remastered Legend Classes, several individual legends will receive buffs or nerfs when Season 16 launches. These legends include Bloodhound, Horizon, Lifeline, Mirage, Pathfinder, Seer, and Wraith, as detailed in the patch notes.
The new Remastered Legend Classes system promises to shake up the meta of Apex Legends and add a new level of strategy to the game. Players will have to adapt to the new classes and think carefully about which legend they choose to play. With the launch of Season 16: Revelry on February 14, players can expect a fresh and exciting Apex Legends experience.
- Respawn Entertainment is launching the Remastered Legend Classes in Season 16: Revelry on February 14
- The legends have been rearranged into five character classes: Assault, Controller, Recon, Skirmisher, and Support
- Each class has its own unique perk that only applies to the legends in that class
- In addition to the class changes, several individual legends will receive buffs or nerfs
- The new system promises to shake up the meta